Hacienda López de Haro
The new classic
Peñín Guide 2021. 2018 vintage.
Wine Enthusiast Magazine. 2017 vintage.
2015 Berliner Wine Trophy
International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014. London, UK
91 Parker points
2008 and 2010 vintage
Wines from Spain Awards 2016. 2013 vintage
Top 50 Best Buy Rioja
Decanter Magazine. March 2016.
- Varieties: Tempranillo, Garnacha and Graciano.
- Ageing: Aged in French and American oak barrels during 18 months.
- Harvest: Hand picked during October.
- Vineyard: A selection of old vineyards with very low production settled on poor land of Ebro's terraces in the area of San Vicente de la Sonsierra (La Rioja).
- Winemaking: Between 8 and 10 days of static maceration to avoid over-extraction. Spontaneous fermentation with native yeasts at 24ºC. Very small amounts of sulfur are added.
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol
- Colour: Deep red cherry colour with roof tile tones.
- Nose: Aromas of ripe red fruit and liquorish combined with coffee,vainilla anda balsamic nuances from the barrel ageing.
- Palate: Smooth and velvety wine with sweet and ripe tanning that make it a pleasant and easy-drinking wine with a long aftertaste.