Hacienda López de Haro
Personality, tradition and elegance
Decanter International Wine Awards 2015. UK. 2008 vintage
Best Buy. Wine & Spirits Magazine. December 2016. 2008 Vintage
Wine Enthusiast Magazine 2016. 2008 vintae.
- Varieties: Tempranillo y Graciano.
- Ageing: Aged for 30 months in French and American oak barrels. Quaterly racking. Bottle aged for at least three years.
- Harvest: Handpicked during the second and third week of October.
- Vineyard: A selection of old vineyards with very low production settled on poor land of Ebro's terraces in the area of San Vicente de la Sonsierra (La Rioja).
- Winemaking: Made in 30,000 kg vats. Fermentation at 28ºC. Two weeks maceration.
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol
- Colour: Bright cherry-red colour and a rim with roof tile tones
- Nose: High aromatic intensity, clean and sound. Complex on the nose with coffee, vanilla, roast and balsamic nuances integrated into an intense bottom note of ripe fruit.
- Palate: Elegant and round. It is well balanced with a velvety attack followed by a pleasant acidity and a silky and full-bodied aftertaste resulting from its noble and ripe tannin. Its long aftertaste has spicy and balsamic hints, resulting from its long and peaceful ageing, as well as confit fruit nuances that uncover its personality.