Hacienda López de Haro
An elegant Riojan classic
International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014. London, UK. 2008 Vintage.
Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2015. 2009 vintage
Decanter World Wine Awards 2016. UK. 2011 vintage
Robert Parker review 2012. 2005 vintage
- Varieties: Tempranillo and Graciano.
- Ageing: 20 months in French oak barrels used 1 to 3 times.
- Harvest: Hand picked during the second and third week of October.
- Vineyard: Old vineyards with very low production settled on poor land of Ebro's terraces in the area of San Vicente de la Sonsierra (La Rioja).
- Winemaking: Produced in 30.000 g vats. Fermentation at 28º. Maceration for 2 weeks.
- Alcohol content: 13,5% Vol
- Colour: Medium-high depth wine, ruby red colour with roof tile rim, which denotes its long barrel ageing and its peaceful bottle ageing.
- Nose: Powerful on the nose with primary aromas of ripe fruit accompanied by complex spicy and balsamic notes and a slight touch of vanilla.
- Palate: Balanced on the palate, it is a round and unctuous wine with ripe and sweet tannins, providing the wine with a long aftertaste: an elegant Rioja classic.