Classicas Hacienda López de Haro
Gran Reserva Rosado 2009
A one-of-a-kind wine, a Gran Reserva rosé that demonstrates its grandeur through elegance.
- Varieties: Garnacha and Viura.
- Ageing: Four years in Bordeaux barrels and subsequent aging in the bottle. The oaks of the Quecus petraea species are sourced from a specific selection of forests in France and Eastern Europe; the majority of the oak is first-use, with some second-use barrels included.
- Harvest: Manual, in a single day, on October 11.
- Vineyard: Goblet trained vines located on the ferrous clay terraces of the Alto Najerilla at high altitude, hanging from the slopes of the Sierra de la Demanda facing north.
- Winemaking: Maceration of between 24 and 48 hours at low temperatures, around 10ºC. Subsequently, the tank is tapped, naturally extracting a bright pink must, which ferments at 16ºC for about 20 days in steel tanks.
- Alcohol content: 13%
- Colour: Salmon color with coppery notes and great intensity. Lengthy aging produces it high tone and some grayish nuances on the rim.
- Nose: It is distinguished by its aromatic, silky essence, which is one-of-a-kind and full of character. Floral and soapy notes dominate, with extra fruity tones of grapefruit and orange peel. Balsamic and menthol qualities are also detected, lending it a distinct freshness.
- Palate: Fullness on attack, with very good balance as it passes through the mouth, where delicate sensations are the common theme. Of great length, it is a wine that exudes subtlety and elegance.