Hacienda López de Haro
Limited Edition 2016
Landscape, history and terroir from San Vicente de la Sonsierra
- Varieties: Tempranillo (90%) and Mazuelo (10%).
- Ageing: 14 months of aging in new and second-fill barrels of French oak (40%) and Hungarian oak (60%). A total of 312 barrels of 225 liters barrels has been produced (of which 89,930 bottles of 75 cl and 1700 magnum have been bottled).
- Harvest: Manual harvest in October.
- Vineyard: 18 hectares of vineyards selected from different plots within San Vicente de la Sonsierra, at an altitude of 530 m.
- Winemaking: 2 weeks of maceration. Controlled fermentation stopping at a minimum of 28 degrees.
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol.
- Colour: Medium robe with attractive garnet color.
- Nose: Spicy and smoked notes contributed by the mixture of oak from different origins and very good ripe fruit in which Tempranillo and Mazuelo come together to add complexity.
- Palate: Full, fleshy and fresh, a pleasant, lingering, balanced vine. A splendid example of the awesome terroirs of the San Vicente area.