Hacienda López de Haro
San Vicente de la Sonsierra
History, landscape and terroir from San Vicente de la Sonsierra.
- Varieties: Tempranillo (90%) and Mazuelo (10%).
- Ageing: 14 months of aging in new and second-fill barrels of French oak (40%) and Hungarian oak (60%).
- Harvest: Manual harvest from September 22 to October 16.
- Vineyard: 18 hectares of vineyards selected from different plots within San Vicente de la Sonsierra (530 m.).
- Winemaking: 12 days of maceration. Controlled fermentation stopping at a minimum of 25 degrees.
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol.
- Colour: Intense cherry color with garnet tones on the rim, great vivacity and brightness.
- Nose: The aromas of black fruits predominate accompanied by balsamic and mineral notes that give it a great depth. A very intense and complex nose, with aromas of broom, forest and other sweet notes coming from its barrel aging.
- Palate: Fresh, very enveloping with a lingering finish. The amplitude of the Tempranillo variety is combined with the acidity and tension of the Mazuelo. A wine of enormous complexity and full of nuances, the result of a precise combination of the mosaic of old vines hailing from the municipality of San Vicente.